Danish Deaf Association (DDL) proudly nominates Kasper Bergmann for the WFD Vice President, because we believe that his commitment to deaf issues at an international level will be a valuable asset for the WFD and the deaf communities all over the world. Furthermore he represents a new generation of strong deaf leaders, which he has proven in the past four years as WFD Board Member.
Who am I?
I am a development economist (M.Sc.) and expert in financial and project management. My current and past experiences as WFD Board Member in the past four years, Development Projects Manager of Danish Deaf Association (DDL), Accountant for European Deaf Sports Organisation (EDSO), and my work with several projects in the developing countries for WFD, Danish Deaf Association, and Finnish Association of the Deaf will be a valuable contribution to the work of WFD. Also I have a lot of experience with advocacy work for deaf people’s human rights at national and international level. I believe that strong deaf associations make a strong WFD.
- Establishment of the WFD Regional Secretariat in the Western and Central Africa (WCARS)
- Recognition of Danish Sign Language by the Danish Government and Parliament
- The UN CRPD Committee recognized that deaf children with CI have a right to Sign Language
- Danish Deaf Association has now development partnerships in 8 countries in Africa, Middle-East, and Asia
I will work for
- WFD becomes more strong through closer cooperation with the Regional Secretariats and the Ordinary Members
- The Ordinary Members become more empowered through projects and capacity building
- Protecting deaf peoples’ human rights through the UN CRPD and the Ordinary Members
You can have a look at my CV for more information about my background and experiences.